What a fabulous day to work at Best Buy. I went into work at 3:15 (weird time to be schedule but ok) and found out that Best Buy is changing their employee discount. As most know, Best Buy gives their employees a pretty great discount of cost + 5%. Which equates to some ridiculous savings on things like cables, hdmi, etc. They decided to change it to a maximum of 50% off by August 1st. So what did everyone that works at Best Buy do today? Purchase just about everything that is more than 50% currently lol.
I personally decided to purchase quite a bit. I ended up with $2,000 worth of best buy products for $340. This included all the tax. Ridiculous? Yes. Awesome? Of course.
Also today I found out that Best Buy is getting rid of all of its 1 day a week employees like myself if they do not increase their availability. I had to sign a form today saying I would be available for 4 days a week. This new policy affects more than 50% of its employees and from the morale on the sales floor, it seems like there are quite a few disgruntled employees. I don't work enough and don't have anything else going on right now to really care, but I can understand why.
Hopefully I will be able to find a job sooner than later so I don't have to actually work there 4 days a week lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment