Monday, August 8, 2011

Free at last. Free at last.

Well looks like I will be officially graduating from BYU this Friday!! I'm excited to finally move on from this chapter in my life and start making some money. I updated my resume and got it ranked a 9 out of 10 by Kennedi, compared to my old resume, which was 7 out of 10. I consider that a big upgrade. Hopefully, this education and time will be beneficial and I'll find a job that works well with me and I work well with it in the upcoming months. Trying to find a job in this unpredictable economy is less than ideal but it will have to do. Just more hardwork that builds character, right?

I have officially removed all remnants of carpet and interior in my Porsche this last week also. It seems to be coming together nicely and I can't wait to get it on the track once some money starts coming in. As much as I hate to say it though, the Porsche community seems to be very lacking and just down right ignorant to the cars they drive. Trying to find out information from a LARGE population of these people is harder than trying to get an aethest to believe in God. They lack so much knowledge that I have thought numerous times about abandoning the project and just going with Spec Miata. I'm sure Kennedi would love me to just abandon racing all together given the cost. Moving on!

My sleep strategy seemed to working well earlier this week, I went to bed by 1AM three nights in a row but had to take a full Ambien to do it. I hate taking these as I know they can be very addictive so I stopped taking them by Wednesday. So what happened? I started going back to sleep at a ridiculously late time and I am back to where I started. Full of fail, I know.

I thought that maybe getting some exercise would help me fall asleep faster and feel more tired but that doesn't seem to be the case either. Kennedi and I have been going on long walks every night after she gets home from sleep (4-8 miles) and trying to keep a very respectable pace and that didn't help. Maybe a labotomy is in order to get my mind to shut up when I want to go to sleep?

No comments: